Recipe by: taste.com.au
- 3 (about 400g) medium zucchini
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 40g (1/2 cup) parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Trim the ends from zucchini. Coarsely grate the zucchini. Place in a colander and squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in self-raising flour, parmesan, shallots, egg, parsley, oregano, salt and nutmeg.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Drop three portions of zucchini mixture into pan. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining olive oil and remaining zucchini mixture.