Recipe by: taste.com.au
- 1 medium gold sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (80g) frozen corn
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated tasty cheddar
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 2 free range eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (75g) panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cook the sweet potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 15 mins or until tender. Add the broccoli and cook for a further 5 mins or until bright green. Drain well. Use a potato masher to mash until almost smooth. Add the peas, corn and cheddar and stir to combine.
- Shape the mixture into 12 nuggets. Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip 1 nugget in the flour and turn to lightly coat. Dip in the egg, then coat in breadcrumbs. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with the remaining nuggets.
- Spray the nuggets with olive oil spray. Bake, turning the nuggets halfway through cooking, for 20 mins or until golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately.