Recipe by: taste.com.au
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp glucose syrup
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked coconut
- Grease a 6cm-deep, 19cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- Combine coconut milk and caster sugar in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes until sugar has dissolved and mixture comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring often, for 40 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon (mixture should resemble thick custard).
- Reduce heat to low. Add brown sugar, glucose syrup, coconut oil and vanilla to pan. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is melted and smooth (mixture may appear separated at this stage. Continue stirring until well combined). Increase heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, for 6 to 8 to minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the back of the wooden spoon.
- Working quickly and carefully, pour mixture into prepared pan, spreading to level. Sprinkle with flaked coconut. Stand in a cool, dark place for 4 to 5 hours or until cold and set. Cut into small squares.