Recipe by: delicious.com.au
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (50g) icing sugar, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 100g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 vanilla beans, split, seeds scraped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 2 tbs good-quality redcurrant jelly
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 500g strawberries, halved if large
- Place flour, 2 tbs icing sugar and a pinch of salt in a processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter and half the vanilla seeds, then whiz to fine crumbs. Add egg and whiz until mixture comes together in a ball. Enclose in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease eight 10cm-wide, 2cm-deep loose-bottomed tart pans. Divide dough into 8 portions, then roll out to 5mm thick and use to line pans. Chill for a further 15 minutes. Line tarts with baking paper and fill with pastry weights. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove paper and weights and bake for a further 5 minutes until golden and dry. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place caster sugar in a pan over a low heat with 2 tbs cold water, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-low and cook, without stirring, for 5-6 minutes until a golden caramel. Remove from heat, then very carefully add 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Return to medium- low heat, then add redcurrant jelly and stir to dissolve. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine mascarpone with remaining icing sugar and vanilla seeds. Fill tart cases with mascarpone mixture, top with berries, then drizzle with caramel and dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately.