Recipe by: delicious.com.au
Time: 1h 30m
- 1 3/4 cups (260g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 2 tbs treacle
- 120g unsalted butter, chopped, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 150g uncrystallised ginger, finely chopped
- Thickened cream or ice cream, to serve
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75g) dark muscovado sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) ginger beer
- 200ml thickened cream
- 120g uncrystallised ginger, chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 6-hole Texas muffin pan.
Sift the flour, ginger and bicarb into a bowl. Add the sugar, treacle, butter, buttermilk and eggs and whisk until combined. Add the ginger and fold through until well combined. Divide mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and slightly soft to the touch.
Meanwhile, for the ginger sauce, place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Turn the puddings out into bowls and pour over the warm ginger sauce. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.