Recipe by: sunbeamfoods.com.au
Cook: 85 mins
- 4 medium sized beetroot
- ½ cup SUNBEAM Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp SUNBEAM Pepitas
- 1 tsp picked thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- salad leaves, for serving
- 60g blue cheese, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Wrap each beetroot in foil, place on a tray and bake for approx. 45min-1hour until tender. When cool enough to handle, remove skin from each. Slice into ½ cm thick rounds.
- Meanwhile, place hazelnuts onto an oven tray and bake for 4 minutes, add pepitas and thyme and cook a further 4-5 minutes until golden and toasted. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar and sugar, season well.
- Arrange salad greens, sliced beetroot and cheese onto serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts and pepita mixture and drizzle with dressing. Season well.