Recipe by: deliciousmagazine.co.uk
Prep: 15 mins
- 1 bagel, halved
- 50g swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 100g roast beef, thinly sliced
- 50g sauerkraut, drained
- Small pinch caraway seeds, lightly crushed (optional)
- 1 cornichon, finely chopped
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp horseradish sauce or cream
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash smoked hot sauce (optional)
- Pinch hot paprika
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the russian dressing until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Toast the bagel, then spread the bottom half of the bagel with a generous helping of the russian dressing. Top with the cheese and put back under the grill for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Working quickly while the bread is still hot and the cheese melted, pile on the roast beef, followed by the sauerkraut. Sprinkle with a few caraway seeds (if using) and a little more russian dressing, if you like. Put the bagel lid on top and eat straight away.