Recipe by: Driscoll’s
Time: 60 mins
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain oats
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour (or substitute with wholemeal flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (or substitute with ⅓ cup honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and allowed to cool
- 1 punnet Driscoll’s Raspberries
- 2 large egg whites
- Place flour into a medium bowl.
- Add oats, coconut, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Add coconut oil and egg whites. Stir again until moist dough forms.
- Reserve and set aside ¾ cup of dough.
- Line a 23 cm x 23 cm x 5 cm baking dish with baking paper while allowing the baking paper to hang over sides of the baking dish.
- Press remaining dough into the bottom of the baking dish. Set aside baking dish.
- Place raspberries into a small bowl. Mash raspberries until puréed.
- Pour raspberry purée evenly over dough in baking dish.
- Crumble remaining dough over raspberry purée.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in baking dish 10 minutes.
- Use overhanging baking paper to transfer to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into bars.
- Serve immediately, refrigerate, or hold at room temperature up to 2 hours.