Recipe by: taste.com.au
Time: 40m (+6hrs to set)
- 180g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 passionfruit (see note)
- Passionfruit pulp, to serve
- Whipped cream, to serve
Grease a 7.5cm deep, 10.5cm x 25.5cm (top) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm from edge of pan on all sides. Place chocolate in a heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon halfway through cooking, or until smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream for 2 to 3 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Add egg yolks and half the cream to chocolate. Stir until just combined. Fold in remaining cream. Wash and dry beaters and bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites for 3 to 4 minutes until soft peaks form. Add sugar. Beat until glossy. Fold half the egg white mixture into chocolate until combined. Fold in remaining egg white mixture. Fold in passionfruit pulp. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Cover surface with plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Turn mousse onto a large plate. Cut into slices. Top with whipped cream and passionfruit pulp. Serve.