Recipe by: Pauls
Time: 1hr 20mins
- 1/2 cup Pauls PhysiCAL Low Fat Milk
- 800g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g chicken breast fillet
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 litre reduced salt chicken stock
- To serve
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place sweet potato and 2 teaspoons of the oil in a baking dish and toss to coat. Roast for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken breast fillet in a small ovenproof dish. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Cover with foil and roast for 35 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Pour remaining oil into a flameproof casserole dish or large heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, cumin and chilli powder and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add sweet potato, ginger and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Use a stick blender or food processor (see TIPS) to process the soup until smooth. Pour soup back into the flameproof casserole dish.
- Shred the chicken and add to the soup. Add milk and heat gently, stirring continuously. Serve the soup topped with mint and coriander leaves and sprinkled with dukkah.
- If pureeing the soup in a food processor, process in batches
- The soup freezes well so make a big batch and you can pull out of the freezer at a later date for a quick lunch or supper!