Recipe by: allrecipes.com.au
Time: 8h 15m
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Massell beef stock cube, dissolved in 150ml hot water
- 100ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar (heaped)
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons olive oil
In a frypan, brown the lamb shanks lightly in the olive oil.
- Place all the vegetables and the bay leaf in the base of the slow cooker.
- Place shanks on top, and sprinkle with salt and ground pepper.
- Add the wine and tomato paste to the prepared stock, combine well and pour over the shanks.
- Place lid on cooker, turn to low and cook for 8 hours.
- When cooking time is complete, lift the lamb shanks out of the cooker onto a dish and place in a warm oven.
- Pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a small saucepan, and add two dessert spoons of corn flour to the liquid in the slow cooker, stirring well to blend over a low heat until sauce thickens slightly.