Recipe by: Devondale
Prep: 15 mins
Cooking: 35-40 mins
- 2 raw apples, cut into approx. 2cm cubes
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- 125g Devondale Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar (you can substitute with white sugar)
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon combined with 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Devondale Long Life Thickened Cream
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Place in a greased and lined 18x28cm slice tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced) for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- When cooked, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixed together.
- Drizzle with Thickened Cream and sprinkle with extra cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped Devondale Thickened Cream. This also makes a great dessert served warm with custard, cream or ice-cream.