Recipe by: www.4ingredients.com.au
Prep Time: 35 mins
- 2 Easter buns cut in half
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (50g) caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Using an egg ring, cut out circles from each bun half and place on a baking tray.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each and freeze.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, using electric beaters, whisk 2 egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the caster sugar, beating until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Remove the buns and ice-cream from freezer and dollop the meringue on top of the ice cream until it’s completely covered.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes.