Recipe by: bestrecipes.com.au
- 200g unsalted butter
- 150g dark chocolate buttons
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 4 Cadbury Creme Eggs
Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with a removable base.
- Melt butter and chocolate over gentle heat in a small saucepan. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, flour, cocoa and baking powder. Add melted chocolate mixture and stir well until smooth. Pour into prepared tin. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry to cleanly slice the Creme Eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove brownie from oven. Press halved Creme Eggs into the top of the brownie in a circular pattern. Return to oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Slice into wedges and serve.