Recipe by: insimoneskitchen.com
- 500 gr boneless skinless chicken tigh
- 1 tbsp cornflour cornstarch
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red chili thinly sliced
- 5 cm pc ginger peeled and cut into 1m strips
- 3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 335 ml can cola
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 spring onion cut into slices
- handful of unsalted roasted cashew nuts
Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and put in a bowl. Add the cornflour and 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and mix well. Place the chicken in the refridgerator to marinate for at least an hour.
Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned all over, then add the chili, garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
Pour the cola into the frying pan, adding just enough to cover the chicken; the cola will fizz up. Add the dark soy sauce and the remaining light soy sauce and let it simmer for about 15 minutes or so, until the sauce has reduced to a syrupy consistency. It should be thick and sticky.
Turn the heat off, add the spring onion and toasted cashews and give it a quick stir before serving. Serve with jasmine rice