Recipe by: delish.com
Cook: 1h 30m
- 3 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 6)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 links hot or sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 6-8 pickled cherry or pepperoncini peppers, plus ¼ c pickling juice from jar
- 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a high-sided, oven safe skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, skin side down and cook, flipping halfway through, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- To skillet, add sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until golden all over, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plate with chicken.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add wine and bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Add cherry peppers, pickling juice, broth, and vinegar. Bring to a simmer, add oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut sausages into 5 pieces each and return to skillet. Nestle chicken between sausage and peppers.
- Transfer to oven and cook until chicken is cooked through and instant read thermometer registers 165°F when inserted in the thickest part of the chicken, 20 to 25 minutes.