Recipe by: COON®
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 200g COON® Tasty Shredded Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped (or ½ large)
- 500g beef mince
- 700g jar Italian-style tomato cooking sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup shredded fresh basil
- 375g fresh lasagne sheets
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté onion and capsicum until tender.
- Add mince and cook, stirring, until well browned.
- Mix cornflour to a paste with a little milk.
- Combine in a saucepan with remaining milk and heat, whisking occasionally, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Reserve ½ cup cheese, stir the remainder into the white sauce until melted and salt to taste.
- Spread a little meat sauce onto the base of a lasagne dish and equally layer lasagne sheets, meat sauce, shredded basil and cheese sauce, continuing until all ingredients are used and finishing with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes before serving with salad.