Recipe by: simplygreatmeals.com.au
Serves: 2 serves
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 x 90g cans John West Deli Tuna – Chilli Infused Oil & Lemon Zest, drained and oil reserved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup baby spinach leaves
- Extra parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon reserved tuna oil in a large saucepan. Sauté onion over medium heat for 2 minutes without colouring
- Add rice and stir to coat grains in oil. Add stock and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is cooked and stock is absorbed.
- Gently stir in cheese, spinach and John West Deli Tuna, leaving large visible chunks. Cover and stand for 2 minutes before serving drizzled with remaining tuna oil and parmesan.
For a creamier risotto, stir in a little boiling water in STEP 3 before serving.