Recipe by: Fonterra
- 350g broccoli (florets and stalks cut into small pieces)
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 25g butter
- 4 spring onions (finely sliced)
- 50g blue cheese (crumbled)
- 100ml fresh cream
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Pinch nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 4 slices french bread
- 100g blue cheese (sliced)
- Place the pieces of broccoli into a pot. Pour over the vegetable stock. Cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan until hot then add the butter. When it starts to foam, add the spring onions and cook for one minute.
- Place the cooked broccoli and stock into a blender. Add the cooked spring onions, blue cheese and cream and blend until smooth.
- Transfer into a pan and bring gently to a simmer.
- Toast the french bread under a grill until just golden on each side.
- Top with the slices of blue cheese and return to the grill until golden and bubbling.
- Season the soup with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Divide the soup between four warm bowls and top each with a crouton. Serve.