Recipe by: deliciousmagazine.co.uk
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 400g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp sliced pickled jalapeño chillies from a jar, roughly chopped
- 250g beef bolognese sauce
- Handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 200g monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 large wheat tortillas
- Soured cream to serve
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice 1/2 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, mix the drained red kidney beans, pickled jalapeños, bolognese sauce and chopped fresh coriander leaves. Divide the mixture, along with the grated cheese, between the tortillas. Fold each tortilla in half to encase the filling.
- Heat a large dry frying pan over a low-medium heat and toast the quesadillas one at a time for 2-3 minutes on each side until the filling is hot, the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp and golden on the outside. Keep warm.
- While the quesadillas cook, mix all the salsa ingredients together in a small bowl and season to taste with a little salt.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the salsa, soured cream and lime wedges on the side to squeeze over.