Recipe by: SunRice
Time: < 1hr
- 2 cups SunRice Black Rice
- 1L Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Chorizo sausages, sliced
- 350g Chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 Brown onion, diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Red capsicum, chopped
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 400g Whole squid, cleaned, tube and tentacles sliced
- 3/4 cup Peas
- 6 Large green prawns (300g), peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 200g Mussels, scrubbed and debearded and/or pippies
- 1 Tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 Lemon wedge, to serve
Place rice in a medium saucepan, wash 2-3 times with cold water; strain and place back in saucepan. Add 3½ cups of the chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30-35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Allow to stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Lightly fluff with a fork and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan or paella pan over a medium/high heat. Cook chorizo, stirring for 1 minute or until lightly golden. Add chicken and onion and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add garlic and capsicum, cook for 2 minutes longer or until softened. Add paprika and squid and stir for 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium. Add peas and rice and toss gently. Stir in remaining stock. Arrange remaining seafood on top of rice. Cover tightly with a lid or foil. Simmer for 6 minutes or until prawns are just cooked and crustaceans are open.
Top with tomatoes and parsley. Serve with lemon slices.