Recipe by: Kathy Paterson via Eatwell
Time: <30 mins
- Pickled Cucumber:
- 3 Cucumbers
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Liquid Honey
- 1 pinch Chilli flakes, or use 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 Eye fillets of beef, 170g each, at room temperature
- Oil for pan frying
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise and remove seeds, then cut into small dice. Place in a bowl, sprinkle over the salt and leave to sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and drain cucumber, return to a clean bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. The longer you leave before eating the more pickled it becomes.
- Heat a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Rub a dash of oil over the steaks and season with freshly ground black pepper. Place in the frying pan and cook for 3 minutes each side for medium-rare. Remove from the frying pan, season with salt and leave to rest for 5 minutes before plating.
- Serve steaks with cucumber pickle, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds, a bowl of cooked brown rice and a simple green salad.