Recipe by: DON.
- 115g DON Bacon
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 170g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line a 25cm square tin
- Heat frying pan and add the bacon bits and golden syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Transfer to plate.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and then add the sugar, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the cocoa, flour, baking soda, beaten eggs, chocolate and bacon bits.
- Pour and scrape mixture into the tin. Sprinkle with extra cooked bacon.
- Place in the oven to cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer the tin to a wire rack and sit until cooled a little. Cut into 16 squares.