Recipe by: www.4ingredients.com.au
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 340g packet vanilla cake mix
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups stewed apples or 4 Granny Smith apples
- 200 grams sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 30 x 20cm baking dish with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix and melted butter to form a dough. Spread the dough evenly in the baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the apples and sour cream. Spread evenly over the base and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool then chill in the fridge (this gives the base time to set).
- Serve chilled.
Optional: Sprinkle generously with ground cinnamon; I like the contrast in colour and flavour combination of apple and cinnamon!