Recipe by: White Wings
- 125g (4oz) butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or treacle
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats (see tips)
- 1 cup (150g) White Wings Plain (all-purpose) Flour
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed CSR Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease large oven trays; line with baking paper.
- Stir butter and syrup in a medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Stir in combined soda and the water, then remaining ingredients.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; place 5cm (2in) apart on lined trays, then flatten slightly.
- Bake biscuits for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool biscuits on trays.
Spray your measuring spoon with a little cooking oil spray before scooping up the golden syrup; this will help prevent the syrup from sticking to the spoon. Make sure you use rolled oats rather than quick-cooking oats as they will produce a different result. Anzac biscuits can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.